Truck accidents are all too common in Creve Coeur, MO. Due to the size and weight of trucks, they are often associated with severe injuries. At Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers, we know the physical, emotional and financial toll these accidents can have.
Since 2010, Schultz & Myers has represented victims of truck accidents across Creve Coeur, Missouri. Our Creve Coeur truck accident lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience helping victims secure compensation for their injuries. We also play an important role in your overall recovery. Contact us today at (314) 444 4444 to schedule a free consultation.
Why Should I Hire Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers To Handle My Truck Accident Case?
The aftermath of a truck accident can seem daunting. With over 100 years of combined experience, our truck accident team has been celebrated locally and nationally. Our lawyers have been recognized as National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, named Members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and ranked Super Lawyers.
If you are the victim of a truck accident, our team can support you with:
- Free Case Evaluations: We meet to assess the facts and circumstances of your truck accident. We can advise you on your rights, potential claims and path forward.
- Evidence Gathering: Successful truck accident claims require evidence. Our team meticulously collects and reviews photos, police reports, witness statements and medical records.
- Damage Calculation: We calculate your damages to maximize compensation. Our team works with experts, like doctors and economists, to determine the effects of your truck accident. We factor in property damage, medical expenses, lost income, and non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
- Insurance Negotiations: Most truck accident cases are settled with insurance companies. From preparing the initial demand to reviewing the final settlement agreement, we strategically negotiate to maximize your settlement offers.
- Legal Representation: Our Creve Coeur personal injury lawyers are locally and nationally recognized advocates. When negotiations falter, we represent you in court with a robust case.
- Contingency Fees: No hourly or flat fee billing. We only receive a fixed percentage of the settlement or trial award we secure on your behalf.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, contact our Creve Coeur truck accident attorneys for a free consultation.
How Do Truck Accidents Occur in Creve Coeur, MO?
Like most cities, Creve Coeur is not immune to truck accidents. Our network of roads and highways sees its fair share of truck traffic.
Truck accidents often have one of several causes, including:
- Driver Fatigue: One of the primary causes of truck accidents is driver fatigue. Given the long hours truckers spend on the road, it is not uncommon for them to experience exhaustion. This affects their ability to react promptly to obstacles or traffic changes.
- Distracted Driving: With the rise of technology, distractions like texting, calling, or using navigation systems have major concerns. Even a momentary lapse in concentration can have fatal consequences.
- Poor Vehicle Maintenance: Trucks require regular maintenance to function safely. Failures to inspect brakes, tires, or lights can lead to malfunctions that result in accidents.
- Improper Loading: Overloading or unevenly distributing cargo can make trucks unstable. This can lead to rollovers or cargo spills that endanger other vehicles.
- Inclement Weather: Creve Coeur, MO, experiences different weather conditions. Rain, snow or fog can decrease visibility and traction, making it challenging for truck drivers to maintain control.
If you or someone you know has been a truck accident victim due to these causes, contact Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers today.
How Much Is My Truck Accident Injury Case Worth?
Assigning a value to a truck accident claim requires an in-depth evaluation. At Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers, our Creve Coeur, MO, truck accident lawyers have experience maximizing case value.
Common factors that influence value include:
- Severity of Injuries: The more severe and long-lasting the injuries, the higher the compensation. Injuries that require extensive medical treatment or rehabilitation will increase the claim’s value.
- Medical Expenses: All past, current and projected future medical costs related to the accident can be included. Accidents with certain types of injuries are associated with higher medical expenses.
- Loss of Earnings: If the accident has caused you to miss work or diminished your earning capacity, you can claim compensation for lost wages and future earnings.
- Property Damage: The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other personal property damaged in the accident can be recovered.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress experienced due to the accident.
- Liability: Establishing fault is crucial. If it is clear that the truck driver was entirely at fault, the compensation might be higher.
- Quality of Evidence: Strong, undeniable evidence, such as accident reports, witness testimonies, medical records, and expert opinions, can boost the strength and value of the claim.
Our Creve Coeur, MO, truck accident lawyers will review the facts of your truck accident claim to determine the approximate value.
What Damages Are Available To Truck Accident Victims?
Damages are the physical, emotional and economic aftermath of an accident. It includes the tangible and intangible losses you endure, which may ripple through other parts of your life.
Our Creve Coeur, MO, truck accident lawyers can help you recover four main damages after a truck accident:
- Medical Expenses: Truck accidents can lead to a cascade of expenses. These include doctor visits, hospital stays, surgeries, prescriptions, and rehabilitative therapies. Moreover, certain injuries may have delayed symptoms or require ongoing care. This can expose you to future unknown expenses.
- Earnings Loss: A truck accident can halt your ability to earn, either temporarily or permanently, due to injuries. This includes immediate wages, but also lost promotions, benefits and other income. Our team diligently calculates these losses to ensure victims receive compensation for lost earnings and diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: This may be intangible, but its impact is real. The physical pain and emotional trauma after a truck accident can be debilitating. It may affect your quality of life, well-being and overall happiness. The truck accident lawyers at Schultz & Myers can help value your pain and suffering.
- Property Loss: Truck accidents often cause significant property damage. Victims can get compensation that covers the repair or replacement costs, whether it is a totaled car or damaged personal belongings.
Our lawyers will assess the extent of your damages during an initial evaluation. We will work with you, and our experts, to ensure all damages are accounted for.
What If I’m Partly To Blame For My Truck Accident?
Before concluding your role in the accident, consult our Creve Coeur, MO, truck accident lawyers. Fortunately, Missouri follows a “pure comparative fault” rule. This means that even if you are found to bear some responsibility for the accident, you can still recover compensation. However, your damages would be proportionally reduced by the fault attributed to you.
For example, imagine you and Ben sued each other for damages from a truck accident. After examining the evidence, the court determined that Ben was 70 percent at fault for the accident because he ran a red light. You were 30 percent at fault because you did not yield the right of way. If you are awarded $100,000 at trial, you will only receive $70,000 because your total award is reduced by your 30 percent fault.
How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident?
Missouri has a civil statute of limitations. This limits how long you have to file a lawsuit after your truck accident.
In Missouri, truck accident victims typically have five years from the accident date to file a lawsuit. It is essential to consult a lawyer promptly to protect your rights. While the five-year statute of limitations generally applies, some exceptions may affect your case. If you miss the statute of limitations, you may be permanently barred from seeking compensation in court.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers is proud to operate on a contingency fee basis. This means there are no upfront costs to retain our Creve Coeur, MO, truck accident lawyers. Instead, we collect a fixed percentage of the settlement or verdict we secure on your behalf. During an initial case evaluation, our truck accident lawyers will discuss the contingency fee system with you. You will also receive a written fee agreement detailing the attorney-client relationship.
Contact Our Experienced Creve Coeur Truck Accident Lawyers For Help
With over 100 years of combined experience, we know firsthand the physical, emotional and financial toll truck accidents have on victims. Our Creve Coeur truck accident lawyers have helped victims secure over $100 million in total compensation, and we stand ready to serve you. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a truck accident, contact the Creve Coeur, MO, truck accident lawyers at (314) 444 4444 to schedule a free consultation.