Were you hurt in a personal injury accident in Ladue, Missouri? If so, you might have the ability to hold the responsible party liable for damages such as your pain and suffering, out-of-pocket expenses, lost wages, medical bills, and much more. Our Ladue personal injury lawyers at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers can help you explore your legal options starting today, call (314) 444-4444.
We’re some of the most well-respected personal injury law firms in all of the County. Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience practicing law, and our law firm has already secured more than $100 million in compensation for our clients. With that extensive track record of success, you can rest assured that we’ll be able to help with even the most complicated of personal injury cases.
If you’d like more information about establishing an attorney-client relationship with our personal injury law firm contact us online. We offer a no-pressure, free consultation to review the facts of your case.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Hire Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers To Handle My Personal Injury Case?
Suffering a personal injury caused by someone else can be overwhelming to deal with in Ladue, MO. You may be experiencing substantial pain and suffering, which in turn may keep you out of work. With medical bills and other expenses to pay, this can place you in a difficult financial position. And on top of all of this, an insurance company might be berating you with pointed questions in an attempt to limit its liability.
You deserve to focus on your health and well-being instead of worrying about how you’ll be made whole again. If you hire Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, we’ll take care of everything related to your claim for compensation. You’ll have an award-winning legal team at your disposal; members of our personal injury law firm have been named Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers and Best Lawyers in St. Louis by St. Louis Magazine. We will be able to assist with your case by:
- Keeping you informed of your legal options as your case progresses
- Handling all the negotiations, communications, and paperwork related to your case
- Hiring experts and conducting an internal investigation into your case to collect evidence, determine all of your damages, and identify any liable parties
- Taking your case to court in front of a St. Louis County jury at trial if we need to
These are just a few of the ways our seasoned personal injury lawyers in Ladue will be able to help you when you take advantage of our legal services. Call today to set up your free case review.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
If you’ve suffered any sort of personal injury that was someone else’s fault, it’s at least worth looking into whether you have a case. A countless number of scenarios can give rise to a personal injury case, including but certainly not limited to:
- A driver runs a red light and crashes into another vehicle
- A business owner fails to warn of a wet spot on their store’s floor, and a patron slips and falls as a result
- A pharmaceutical company creates a defective drug that makes a patient sick
- A pedestrian is struck by a car as they cross the street
One thing to keep in mind is that Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers offers a free initial consultation to go over your situation. There’s no obligation to hire us afterward, so there’s essentially no downside to calling us and finding out whether you have a case. You may be entitled to significant compensation from the at-fault party.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You should hire a personal injury lawyer because doing so gives you the best chance of receiving maximum compensation for your injuries. A few reasons why this is true include:
- Hiring a lawyer helps you level the playing field when it comes to negotiating a settlement agreement. An insurance company will likely be involved in your case at some level, and these companies have trained legal experts to assist them. A lawyer won’t let them take advantage of you.
- Personal injury lawyers have access to experts and resources that the general public does not. These experts can analyze and strengthen your case; some can testify on your behalf at trial should your case reach that point.
- The other party to your case will likely try to blame you for the accident. If they’re successful, your financial award could be reduced significantly.
- You’ll be able to focus on recovering from your injuries instead of trying to handle the legal side of things on your own.
For more information about how hiring a personal injury lawyer could be to your benefit, reach out to Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyer today.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
Filing a personal injury claim is your best, if not only, the chance of receiving compensation for the harm and losses you’ve incurred. It is incredibly unlikely that the party responsible for your personal injury accident will simply write you a check out of their own goodwill.
Instead, your first step in most instances is to file a claim with an insurance company, either yours or the at-fault party’s. From there, the insurance company will assign an adjuster to your claim who will look into its validity. The next step is usually to negotiate a settlement agreement, assuming the company accepts your claim.
However, not all cases will play out quite like that, as each is unique and involves its own facts and circumstances. But one thing is assured: if you don’t file a claim, it’s unlikely that you’ll be compensated for your injuries.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases
In their 120 years of combined experience, our attorneys have successfully represented clients facing virtually every type of personal injury case. Some of our primary practice areas include the following.
Unfortunately, car accidents occur regularly in Ladue, Missouri. Some result in minor property damage only, but others cause life-altering injuries. If you’ve been involved in a car crash, our Ladue car accident lawyers can help.
Busses are vital to today’s society, whether it’s a school bus or a bus involved with public transportation. The consequences can be severe when any bus is involved in a crash. As common carriers, busses are also held to a higher standard of care than other motor vehicles. Call us for legal help if you’ve been involved in a bus accident in Ladue, MO.
Missouri no longer recognizes the “one bite” rule when it comes to dog bite cases. This means that you can generally hold the owner of the dog who bit you or a loved one strictly liable for what their dog has done. Contact our personal injury law firm for more information.
Pedestrian accidents are some of the scariest, especially if the pedestrian is struck by a fast-moving motor vehicle. The resulting injuries can be catastrophic. Our Ladue personal injury attorneys can help you collect the compensation you need and deserve.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere, whether on public or private property. In either event, you likely have an opportunity to pursue compensation from the party responsible for the upkeep of the property. Get in touch with our law office today to learn more.
Losing a loved one is never easy to handle, and no amount of money could make up for losing your family member. However, a wrongful death claim could provide you with a sense of justice and can help you recover financially. Our lawyers are here to help you as best as we can during this unimaginably difficult time.
Riding a motorcycle is a thrilling experience. But one aspect of what makes motorcycles fun to ride – the connection the motorcyclist feels with their surroundings – also makes them especially dangerous. If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle crash in Ladue, MO, our attorneys can stand up for your interests immediately.
Truck accidents can cause immense damage considering their sheer size and force. These cases can be more complex than most other types of personal injury cases, as the commercial trucking company could be a party involved in the case – as will be at least one insurance company in all likelihood.
Contact Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers today for legal assistance after you’ve been involved in any type of personal injury accident. We’ll be able to help you recover compensation.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
No two personal injury cases involve the same set of facts and circumstances, so no two will have the same value. We’ll need to speak with you about your case before we can provide you with an accurate assessment of your case’s value.
In the meantime, we can shed light on the subject by mentioning a few factors that influence how much most cases are worth. These factors include:
- Type and severity of injuries you’ve sustained
- Availability of evidence to support your claim
- Whether you share any fault for the accident
- The extent that you’ve had to miss work due to your injuries
- Whether you’re expected to make a full medical recovery
Further, it’s generally (but certainly not always) true that the cases involving the most serious, catastrophic injuries tend to be worth the most. We’d be happy to provide you with a more personalized evaluation of your case during your free consultation.
What Damages Are Available to Ladue, MO Accident Victims?
Economic damages make up for the financial losses you’ve suffered, including:
The other types of losses you’ve sustained are represented by your non-economic damages claim. A few examples are:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- PTSD, anxiety, or depression
Punitive damages are only awarded when the defendant intentionally harmed you or when they acted with extreme disregard for the safety of others. These damages intend to “punish” that person for their behavior rather than to compensate you. However, they do still compensate you in effect.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me After an Accident?
There are a number of ways that a personal injury attorney can help you after an accident. Here are a few things to consider:
- A lawyer handles all of the paperwork, communications, and negotiations related to your case while you focus on healing from the accident.
- An attorney can file a lawsuit and bring your case to court. This can increase your bargaining power and can unearth critical evidence via the discovery process.
- A lawyer can hire experts, such as accident reconstructionists, to analyze your case and create a report to help bolster your claim. If your case makes it to trial, our legal team can also hire expert witnesses to testify in your favor.
- Lawyers have access to internal resources that the general public does not. For example, a lawyer can conduct legal research to arrive at the best version of your claim for compensation.
Would you like more information about how a personal injury lawyer can help with your case, specifically? Feel free to contact our legal team and set up a free case review at your convenience.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
It will not cost you anything upfront to hire Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers – we work on a contingency fee basis. The way this works is that we will receive payment for our legal representation as an agreed-upon percentage of the financial award we ultimately obtain for you.
This percentage varies depending on the case, but it will generally be around 33%. We will discuss all the details of how the contingency fee will work in your case at the beginning of your case; there won’t be any surprises.
This system allows you to hire a lawyer when you might not otherwise be able to afford one. It also incentivizes us to maximize the value of your claim. The more money you receive, the more we receive as well.
Reach out to us if you have any questions about how the contingency fee basis works and how it might work in your particular situation.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
There are a few important things to keep in mind regarding what to do and not do in the immediate aftermath of an accident in Ladue, Missouri. These include:
- Do not accept blame or apologize to anyone about the accident. These statements could reduce or eliminate your compensation.
- Do not flee the scene of the accident, as this could also hurt your ability to pursue compensation.
- If it is safe to do so, document the scene as best you can. This could entail taking photos and videos of your damages as well as taking down the contact information of any witnesses.
- Receive prompt medical attention, regardless of whether you have an obvious injury. Not every injury will present itself immediately, and medical evidence will be a major component of proving your case.
- Call 911 and report the accident to the authorities. This may be required by law if the accident is serious, and it also helps in the furtherance of your claim.
It is also likely a good idea to contact a personal injury lawyer after an accident, as an attorney can let you know how to proceed as the accident unfolds.
Who Could Be Liable for My Injuries After an Accident?
There’s likely some sort of identifiable party liable for your injuries after any type of accident in Ladue. Potentially liable parties include the following:
- Individual persons, such as the other driver involved in an auto accident
- Owners and managers of property, whether it is private or public, who fail to keep their premises safe
- The manufacturer, distributor, or retailer of a defective product
- A government agency that fails to uphold its duties
We would be more than happy to speak with you about your case and discuss who might be liable for your injuries. Reach out today to set up your free case evaluation.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take?
Some personal injury cases take only a matter of weeks to resolve, but others can take significantly longer. Where yours will land depends on the facts surrounding the incident.
One major factor that could influence how long your case will take is whether it makes it to court or trial. Most cases do not reach either, but cases that do tend to take the longest. However, sometimes filing a lawsuit is in your best interest and the only way to maximize your compensation. We’ll have access to the discovery process, which could lead us to the evidence that persuades the other side to negotiate with us fairly.
The cases that make it all the way to trial will almost certainly take the longest to resolve. However, most cases that make it to court won’t make it to trial. A personal injury case can settle at any stage of the litigation process.
When you select Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers to represent you, we’ll be willing to take your case the distance if that’s what it takes. We won’t cut corners, and we’ll keep you up-to-date on your legal options as your case moves forward.
Contact Our Experienced Ladue, MO Personal Injury Lawyers For Legal Help
You deserve compensation if you’ve suffered a personal injury in Ladue, Missouri. The legal team with Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers can stand up for your rights and interests from start to finish.
We’re confident that we can help you achieve a successful outcome for your case. Our Ladue personal injury attorneys have been practicing law for over a century when taken together, and we’ve collected $100 million for our clients since our law firm was founded.
Contact us by sending us a message online to get started.
Personal Injury Lawyer Testimonial in Ladue
Recent Personal Injury Blog Posts
- 4 Reasons Why a Personal Injury Lawyer Will Not Take Your Case
- Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers Is Named Best Personal Injury Law Firm
- How Can You Tell If Your Car Is Totaled After A Missouri crash?
Ladue, MO Medical Center
- St. Luke’s Urgent Care – Ladue – 8857 Ladue Rd
- Children’s Clinic, Inc – 8888 Ladue Rd #100
- BJC Medical Group Primary Care – 8888 Ladue Rd Suite 210
- Mercy Clinic Pediatrics – 8860 Ladue Rd Suite 100
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.