Commercial truck accidents in Ladue, Missouri, can cause catastrophic and life-altering injuries. The Ladue truck accident attorneys of Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers help injured victims receive the compensation they deserve for a truck accident claim. Their experience and dedication to clients help injured parties as they work to regain their lives after a tragic truck accident.
Our lawyers at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases. Since opening the firm in 2010, our Ladue personal injury lawyers have recovered more than $100 million in damages for our clients. Our legal team is dedicated to fighting to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
At Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers, we take truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, you do not pay any upfront fees to hire our law firm. Instead, you agree to pay our attorneys a percentage of the amount they recover for your personal injury claim.
How Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Truck Accident
Insurance companies and trucking companies try to shield themselves from liability for truck accident claims. Instead, they use their considerable resources to fight claims and undervalue damages. At Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers, we stand up to these companies and demand fair compensation for injured victims and their families.
Our founding attorneys, Stephen Schultz and Joshua Myers, are top-rated, award-winning Missouri personal injury lawyers. Our attorneys at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers are recognized by leading organizations, including Expertise.com, SuperLawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, and more.
When you hire our Ladue trucking attorney to handle your case, we can:
- Conduct an independent investigation to gather evidence proving fault and liability
- Monitor accident investigations by state and local agencies
- Work closely with top-rated truck accident specialists and other expert witnesses
- Identify all parties who contributed to the cause of the truck crash
- File insurance claims and negotiate for fair settlements
- Defend you against attacks by the insurance company and allegations of contributory fault
- File a lawsuit and argue your case at trial, if necessary
We work to resolve your truck accident claims as quickly as possible while protecting your right to receive an amount that compensates you fully for all damages. We are fierce trial lawyers and talented negotiators.
Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation with a truck accident lawyer in Ladue, MO.
Common Injuries Caused by Ladue Large Truck Accidents
Large truck accidents are common. In 2020, the NHTSA reported 4,965 people died in truck accidents in the United States. More than 146,900 people sustained serious injuries in truck crashes.
Unfortunately, most deaths and injuries in commercial truck accidents are sustained by people in passenger vehicles. A 5,000-pound car cannot withstand the impact of an 80,000-pound truck. The results are catastrophic for the occupants of the car.
Common injuries caused by truck accidents include:
- Crushing injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Chest injury
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Severe burns
- Back injuries
Many truck accident victims spend weeks or months in hospitals or rehabilitation centers. They undergo extensive medical treatments for their injuries. Unfortunately, truck accidents often result in permanent disabilities and impairments.
What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Ladue, MO?
Negligence is a common cause of many large truck accidents. Examples of negligence that can lead to a commercial truck crash include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drowsy and fatigued driving after violating hours of service regulations
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Failing to follow traffic laws
- Tailgating and aggressive driving
- Negligent hiring practices by trucking companies
- Failure to inspect and repair trucks
- Improper turns, lane changes, and passing
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Overloaded cargo and improperly secured cargo
- Defective truck parts and systems
- Hazardous weather and road conditions
Identifying the factors contributing to a truck accident’s cause is crucial. Those factors lead us to the parties responsible for your injuries and damages. It is common to have multiple defendants in a truck accident case.
Who Is Liable for My Damages Caused by a Ladue Truck Crash?
Any party who contributed to the cause of the truck accident could share liability for your damages. Potential parties who could be liable for a truck accident claim include:
- Negligent truck drivers
- Truck owners and operators
- Trucking companies
- Loaders and shippers
- Trucks and parts manufacturers
- Truck maintenance and repair facilities
- Government agencies
- Other motorists
Our Ladue truck accident lawyers diligently pursue the evidence to identify anyone who directly or indirectly contributed to the cause of the truck crash. We build a case against each individual party to hold them liable for their portion of your damages.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Large Truck Accident in Ladue, MO?
The damages for a truck accident case can be substantial because of the severity of the injuries caused by the truck crash. An accident victim can receive reimbursement for past and future economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses, both present and future
- Long-term personal care
- Nursing care
- Lost wages, benefits, and earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical, occupational, and other rehabilitative therapies
Accident victims experience intense pain and suffering because of truck accident injuries. They are entitled to receive compensation for their non-economic damages, including:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- A decrease in quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Disabilities and impairments
Some cases qualify for punitive damages. The injured party receives the punitive damages, even though the jury imposes punitive damages to “punish” the defendant for egregious conduct.
What Is My Ladue Truck Accident Case Worth?
The value of your damages depends on the facts of your case. Factors that impact how much a truck accident case is worth include:
- The parties involved in the case
- The severity and type of injuries you sustained in the truck crash
- The duration of your recovery and the types of medical treatment you were required to receive
- Whether you can return to work
- The impact of your injuries on your quality of life, daily activities, and well-being
- Whether you sustained permanent disfigurement, impairments, or disabilities
- The strength of the evidence proving the other party is at fault
- Whether you could be partially to blame for causing the accident
Our Ladue truck accident lawyers carefully analyze all evidence in your case. We work to emphasize the factors that increase the value of your case while defending you against allegations that could hurt your chance of receiving fair compensation.
What Happens if I’m Partially To Blame for Causing a Truck Accident in Missouri?
Missouri adopted a pure comparative fault standard for personal injury cases. As a result, victims are not barred from recovering compensation if they are partly at fault for causing their injuries. Instead, their compensation is adjusted based on their percentage of fault.
Suppose a jury awards you $1 million for a truck accident case. However, the jurors determine you are 10% to blame for the cause of the truck crash.
Instead of receiving $1 million, you receive $900,000. Your compensation is reduced by $100,000 (10%) for your portion of fault for causing the truck crash.
Trucking companies and their insurance providers look for any reason to deny or undervalue claims. They want to avoid paying large settlements and jury verdicts. Therefore, they will try to shift the blame to you for causing a truck accident.
It is best to let our lawyers handle all communications with the insurance company and other parties. Your statements could harm your case and reduce the amount of money you receive for your damages.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Truck Accident Claims in Missouri?
The Missouri statute of limitations for most negligence cases is five years from the date of injury. However, do not wait that long to contact a lawyer.
First, there could be exceptions to the rule that change the deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit. Second, the trucking and insurance companies have dispatched teams to investigate the truck accident. They are gathering evidence to use against accident victims.
We must work quickly to preserve evidence proving other parties were responsible for causing the truck crash. Otherwise, the evidence we need to prove your case could be lost or destroyed.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Ladue Truck Accident Attorneys
We understand you and your family have been through a traumatic event. A truck accident has life-altering consequences for the victims. We want to help you receive compensation for damages so you can continue to move on with your life.
Call us for a free case review with an experienced Ladue truck accident lawyer. Let us handle the legal process of demanding compensation for a truck accident claim while you focus on healing from your injuries.