Were you hurt in a car accident in Creve Coeur, Missouri? Did another person’s negligent or intentional actions cause it? You may be able to seek compensation for your injuries, mental anguish, and loss of income.
The Creve Coeur car accident lawyers at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help you hold the liable parties accountable for your damages. Our Creve Couer car accident lawyers can also help with any St. Louis car accident injuries.
With over 100 years of combined experience, we know how to fight insurance companies and other defendants to seek the best possible outcome for our clients. We’ve won over $100 million for deserving accident victims throughout Missouri.
How Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Car Accident in Creve Coeur, MO
Many people believe they can handle their car accident claim themselves without the assistance of an attorney. And in some cases, that may be true. However, if liability is unclear, you’re unsure what your claim is worth, or the insurance company starts blaming you for the collision, you’ll benefit from legal representation.
Before you accept a settlement offer from an insurance adjuster, seek legal advice. Our Creve Coeur personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation where we can provide guidance and explain your options.
If you hire Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers after a car crash in Creve Coeur, we’ll:
- Investigate the collision to determine what happened and who is liable for your losses
- Help you gather evidence proving liability and the value of your damages
- Handle all communications with insurance companies and other parties and ensure they don’t take advantage of you
- Negotiate for the maximum amount possible in your car accident claim
- Argue your case before a St. Louis County jury if we fail to secure a fair settlement amount
We’re here to offer compassionate and honest advice throughout your case. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to discuss the best path forward.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Creve Coeur, MO?
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP), St. Louis County experienced 27,750 collisions in 2021.
Out of the county’s 27,750 car accidents:
- 97 were fatal crashes
- 6,244 were injury crashes
- 21,409 caused only property damage
St. Louis County made up over 10% of the state’s fatal crashes, and more than 17% of its injury crashes in 2021.
The MSHP reported a total of 799 car accidents in Creve Coeur in 2021, resulting in:
- 1 fatal crash
- 204 injury crashes
- 594 property damage only crashes
Based on these figures, nearly 26% of all Creve Coeur collisions result in at least one injury.
What Causes Most Collisions in Creve Coeur, MO?
Unfortunately, negligence is the leading cause of collisions in Creve Coeur, which may include the following:
- Distracted driving, such as using a cell phone or eating behind the wheel
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating or brake checking
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Illegal or improper passing or lane changing
- Driving while tired
- Running red lights, stop signs, and other traffic signals
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to follow other rules of the road
- Failing to check blind spots
While negligent driving behaviors are the primary cause of most Creve Coeur collisions, other things can contribute. For example, a road defect, poor infrastructure, adverse weather, or limited visibility may cause car wrecks even if everyone is exercising caution.
How Much Is My Creve Coeur Car Accident Claim Worth?
The most important indicator of what your claim may be worth is the severity of your injuries. For example, the average comprehensive cost of a crash that causes no injuries is around $52,700.
However, the average cost of crashes that cause evident injuries is $345,000, whereas those causing disabling injuries are worth $1,252,000.
All car accident claims are unique, and the following factors must be evaluated to determine the value of your losses:
- Your injuries and how they impact your ability to earn a living and quality of life
- Whether you share any fault for causing the car wreck in Creve Coeur
- The value of your medical bills, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, and other financial losses
- The level of pain, suffering, inconvenience, mental anguish, and other intangible losses you’ve suffered
- The types of parties involved in your case and whether insurance covers the collision
- Whether your injuries are permanent or you’ll fully recover
- The steps you took after the wreck (e.g., did you seek immediate medical attention?)
We’ll review these and possibly other factors with you to calculate the value of your Creve Coeur car accident claim.
What Compensation Is Available After a Collision in Creve Coeur, MO?
Many people know that you can seek compensation for your medical expenses after a car accident.
However, you may be unaware that you can also seek other losses, including future damages and non-economic losses.
You may be entitled to the following economic damages, depending on the circumstances:
- Medical expenses, including doctor’s visits, emergency room bills, and more
- Future healthcare needs, such as nursing care or physical therapy
- Lost income and diminished earning potential
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage costs
You can also seek non-economic damages for your harder-to-value personal losses, such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of companionship
- Disfigurement and scarring
Courts award punitive damages in rare cases where the defendant acted with intent or a blatant disregard for the safety of others. Rather than compensate victims for their losses, these damages are awarded to punish people for misconduct and deter similar behavior in the future.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Car Accident Injuries
Our experienced legal team has helped car accident victims throughout Missouri who have suffered all types of injuries after collisions, including but not limited to:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprains and strains
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage
- Facial injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Chest injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Paralysis, amputations, and other catastrophic injuries
Contact our car accident lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO today to discuss the injuries you’ve sustained and the compensation you can seek for them.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Accident in Creve Coeur, Missouri?
Negligence, which essentially means carelessness, is composed of four distinct elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care;
- The defendant breached their duty of care by failing to act reasonably under the circumstances;
- The defendant’s breach directly caused the car accident; and
- You suffered damages.
As the plaintiff, you have the burden of proving negligence – meaning you’ll need evidence, such as:
- Police or accident reports
- Medical records and doctor’s statements
- Employment records to prove lost wages
- Eyewitness testimony
- Photos and videos of the collision
- Expert witness testimony
- Physical evidence
- Journal entries detailing your pain and suffering
Contact us for help gathering the evidence you need to prove your negligence claim. We’re well-versed in personal injury law and know how to achieve the best outcome for you.
What If I’m Blamed for My Car Accident in Creve Coeur, MO?
Car accident victims in Creve Coeur can recover compensation in car accident cases, even if they share partial fault for the collision. That’s because Missouri is a pure comparative fault state. As long as you aren’t 100% responsible, you can recover damages, but your compensation will be proportionately reduced.
For example, you’re allocated 45% of the fault for a collision. You can only take home 55% of your awarded compensation.
If you’re being blamed for your Creve Coeur wreck, seek immediate legal assistance. Insurance companies often push blame on victims to reduce the amount they have to pay. An attorney will protect your interests and ensure the company doesn’t take advantage of you.
How Long Do I Have To File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Missouri?
Missouri law implements a statute of limitations, setting deadlines for plaintiffs to file lawsuits in the state. You must file most Missouri car accident cases within five years of the crash date. If the collision is fatal, you only have three years from the decedent’s date of death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
If you don’t meet the applicable statutory deadline, you’ll miss out on your chance to recover compensation. Reach out to our Creve Coeur personal injury attorneys today to ensure that your rights are protected.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With Our Creve Coeur Car Accident Lawyers
If you were involved in a crash in Creve Coeur, MO, you may be entitled to compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. However, getting fair compensation for the full extent of your losses isn’t always straightforward.
Contact the Creve Coeur car accident lawyers at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers for assistance. We have over a century of combined legal experience to put behind your claim. We’ll use it to secure the maximum settlement or verdict possible for you.
We offer a free initial consultation and work on contingency, so there’s no risk in calling us and seeing what we have to offer. Call today to get started.
Car Accident Testimonial in Creve Couer
Recent Car Accident Blog Posts
- Who Is at Fault in a T-Bone Car Accident?
- Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Minor Car Accident?
- How Can You Tell If Your Car Is Totaled After A Missouri crash?
Creve Coeur, MO Auto Repair Shops
- Calvert’s Express Auto Service & Tire Creve Coeur – 12906 Olive Blvd, Creve Coeur, MO 63141
- Schaefer Autobody Centers – 10771 Baur Blvd, Olivette, MO 63132
- Olive Fee Fee Auto Care – 12909 Olive Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63141
- Lindbergh & Conway Service, LLC – 814 S Lindbergh Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63131
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Car Accident Resources
- Motor Vehicle Accident Report in Missouri
- Call the police after your car accident in Creve Coeur
- When can I lose my driving privileges?
- Car Accident Statute of Limitations in Missouri