Are you struggling with a traumatic brain injury because you were recently involved in an accident in St. Louis, Missouri? Contact Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers. You may have the right to recover compensation for the costs of your medical treatment, reduced earning capacity, and suffering. Our experienced St. Louis brain injury lawyers are ready to help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Since 2010, we’ve been tireless advocates for brain injury victims, truck accidents, wrongful death claims, slip and fall cases in St. Louis, bus accidents, pedestrian accidents, and more injury cases in St. Louis and throughout the great state of Missouri.
Putting decades of combined experience behind every case, our top-rated trial attorneys have won over $50 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients just like you.
Contact our law office in St. Louis, MO to begin your journey toward a full financial award. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation and are standing by to provide the assistance you need today, call us at (314) 444-4444.
How Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Suffered a Brain Injury in St. Louis, MO
A brain injury, by definition, disrupts normal brain function. Whether that disruption is temporary or permanent, it still means that you will be dealing with a lot after your accident. Compensation from an insurance company or negligent party can certainly help to reduce the stress and burden of your brain injury, but now isn’t the time for you to take on a tough battle. Fortunately, you’re not alone.
Our St. Louis personal injury lawyers are here to help you during this difficult time in your life. We will take on the entirety of your brain injury claim and stand up to fight to ensure that you’re fully compensated for your pain and suffering.
While you focus your time and energy on recovering from your brain injury, our law firm will:
- Investigate the accident that caused your brain injury
- Gather medical records, witness statements, accident reports, photographs, video footage of your accident, and other evidence
- Enlist the help of medical professionals, brain injury specialists, vocational rehabilitation professionals, and other experts as we build and value your case
- Defend against victim-blaming tactics that may be deployed to hurt your chances of a full financial recovery
- Negotiate with other parties to secure a favorable settlement deal on your behalf
- Prepare to argue your brain injury lawsuit in front of a jury in St. Louis, MO if the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement
At Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency fee basis. We don’t want the upfront cost of a lawyer to prevent you from getting our help as you fight for compensation. You only pay if we win your brain injury case – end of story. Call our law office in St. Louis to learn more and arrange a time for your free consultation today.
What Is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury is a term that’s used to refer to an injury that disrupts normal brain function. Generally, a traumatic brain injury, or TBI, is caused by a sudden bump, blow, or jolt to the head. The sudden force of impact can cause the brain to twist, turn, rotate, or move rapidly, resulting in a wide range of injuries.
Traumatic brain injuries fall into one of three categories, based on the length of time a victim loses consciousness and the symptoms they exhibit.
These include mild (loss of consciousness lasting less than 30 minutes), moderate (loss of consciousness up to 24 hours), and severe (loss of consciousness exceeding one day).
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
There are many different types of brain injuries that can be classified as “traumatic,” including:
- Intracranial hematoma
- Diffuse axonal injury
- Coup-contrecoup brain injury
- Hypoxic and anoxic brain injury
Always seek medical treatment if you have suffered a blow to the head and experienced any unusual symptoms that could indicate a brain injury.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Depending on the location of the injury, the severity of the trauma, and other factors, these are signs and symptoms that could be indicative of a traumatic brain injury:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Headache that gets worse over time
- Ringing in the ears
- Memory loss
- Brain fog
- Dilated pupils
- Slurred speech
- Agitation, depression, or other unusual changes in mood or behavior
- Sleep problems
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of consciousness, even for a moment
It’s crucial that you seek medical treatment for a brain injury immediately. Left untreated, your injury can worsen, lead to serious complications, and even result in death or serious disability.
What Causes Most Traumatic Brain Injuries in St. Louis?
Brain injuries can be the result of any type of trauma to the head, which can occur in:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Accidents involving defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Boating accidents
Contact Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers if you or a loved one has been in an accident in St. Louis and suffered a brain injury. We’re happy to listen to your side of the story and offer some insight into the legal options you might have.
What Is My St. Louis Traumatic Brain Injury Case Worth?
If you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury, you might wonder how much money you can get by filing a claim or lawsuit. The truth is that it depends on the specific circumstances of you and your case. There is no standard value.
It’s estimated that the lifetime cost of treatment for a brain injury can range anywhere between $85,000 and $3,000,000. That can offer some insight into the value of a claim: it could be quite high. The severity of your injury and how your life is affected will ultimately be the most influential factors. So will factors like your age, earning capacity, and shared fault.
The best way to know what your brain injury case could be worth is by speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney near you in St. Louis. Call Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers to get started with a free case evaluation today.
What Damages Can I Get If I File a Brain Injury Lawsuit in Missouri?
Economic damages make up for the monetary costs of a brain injury, such as:
- Medical transportation, surgery, medication, hospitalization, and other current medical expenses
- Rehabilitation, therapy, ongoing medical treatment, and other future medical bills
- Costs related to vehicle or home modifications needed to accommodate a disability
- Lost wages, income, and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages compensate for consequences of a TBI that don’t come with a price tag, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In rare cases, punitive damages may also be available. However, there must be clear and convincing evidence that a defendant acted intentionally or displayed a conscious disregard for your safety.
Is There a Time Limit For Filing a Brain Injury Lawsuit in Missouri?
Once you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury, you’ll have five years to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages. The clock on the statute of limitations begins to run the moment the injury is sustained or when it’s diagnosed, whichever is later.
If a family member dies after suffering a brain injury in a St. Louis accident, you’ll have three years from the date of their death to file a wrongful death claim.
There may be circumstances that give you more or less time to act. However, you will lose the right to recover compensation if you haven’t filed your claim by the time the statute of limitations expires.
Protect yourself by contacting an experienced brain injury attorney near you in St. Louis as soon as you can after you get hurt.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted St. Louis Brain Injury Lawyer
A brain injury can fundamentally change the course of your life forever. It can prevent you from working and supporting your family. It can keep you from doing the things you once loved. It can cause incredible pain and financial stress. If your brain injury is the result of another’s negligence, you have the right to fight back and hold them accountable.
Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers can help you get the money you deserve. Our St. Louis brain injury attorneys have decades of combined experience and are ready to provide the guidance and support you need during this difficult time. Reach out to our law office in St. Louis, Missouri to learn more. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation, so call today to set up a time to speak with a member of our legal team.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Louis also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Boating Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Brain Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Child Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Premises Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Slip and Fall Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Truck Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Worker’s Compensation Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in St. Louis, MO
Open 24 hours