Has your child sustained painful and debilitating injuries in a recent accident in St. Louis, Missouri? Call Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers. Our St. Louis child injury lawyers can help you fight for the financial accountability your child and family deserve.
We’re award-winning Missouri litigators with over 100 years of combined experience. Since our founding in 2010, our law firm has helped clients win over $100 million (and counting) in life-changing financial awards.
Don’t settle for less than your child’s personal injury case is worth. Work with our respected and successful legal team and set yourself up to achieve top results. Contact our St. Louis law office at (314) 444-4444 to arrange a free consultation now.
How Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After Your Child Is Injured in St. Louis, MO
You should be able to focus exclusively on your child’s health, physical recovery, and well-being. Give yourself that opportunity by turning to our experienced St. Louis personal injury lawyers for help.
We’re known and respected trial attorneys passionate about helping injured children get their lives back on track after life-changing accidents.
Our reputation as successful litigators can be a huge benefit to you from the start. When you choose Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers, you make it clear that you’re not afraid of going to court and that you’re not settling for a penny less than your child’s case is worth.
Our team is prepared to take care of all aspects of litigation:
- Coordinate a prompt and thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your child’s injury
- Gather medical records, accident reports, witness statements, photographs, video recordings, and other evidence
- Enlist the assistance of qualified and respected experts and specialists, particularly individuals who are knowledgeable about the lifelong impacts of childhood trauma
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Defend against any attempts to blame your child for their own injuries
- Aggressively represent your child during settlement negotiations and work to secure a top-dollar payout on their behalf
- Reject lowball settlement offers and bring your child’s case to a jury in St. Louis, if necessary
Our child injury attorneys in St. Louis will represent your family on a contingency fee basis. As a result, there’s no out-of-pocket cost to hire our law firm. You only pay if we win or settle your child injury case. No exceptions. No excuses.
Contact our St. Louis, MO, law office to learn more. Your first case assessment is free.
What Causes Children To Get Hurt in St. Louis?
Children are still growing and developing. This makes them particularly susceptible to serious, potentially life-changing injuries when they’re involved in accidents. Unfortunately, a child is treated in an American emergency room for injuries every 4 seconds.
About one-fifth of all children who suffer injuries don’t survive. In fact, one child dies from a childhood injury every hour.
While any accident has the potential to injure a child, the CDC reports that these are the leading causes of childhood injury:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Fires and burns
At Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent children who have sustained injuries as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Dog bites
- Sexual assault
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Attractive nuisances
- Matters of premises liability
- Defective products
- Birth injury
- Medical malpractice
- Swimming pool accidents
- Sport injuries
We’ve been passionate advocates for injured children for decades. Benefit from our considerable insight into these delicate and important legal matters by calling our child injury attorneys in St. Louis for help today.
What Are the Most Common Types of Childhood Injuries?
Children are susceptible to catastrophic injuries that include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Brain injury
- Eye injury
- Dental injury
- Hearing loss
- Neck injury
- Shoulder injury
- Back injury
- Sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries
- Joint injury
- Spinal cord injury
Visit the closest emergency room or hospital in St. Louis as soon as possible after your child sustains injuries in an accident. Prompt care can limit the potential for complications and help to ensure that all of your child’s injuries are diagnosed.
How Much Is My Child’s Personal Injury Case Worth?
Children have their whole lives in front of them. A single accident can derail their futures and fundamentally change the course of their lives forever.
However, there’s no way to say what your child’s injury claim is worth without knowing specific details and facts about the case. Ultimately, every case is different because every child is unique.
These will all be important considerations during the valuation process:
- How old is your child?
- What type of injury did your child sustain?
- Do doctors believe that your child’s injuries will be permanent or cause a permanent impairment?
- Will your child’s injury derail plans for a future career?
- Will your child have to give up certain dreams or aspirations because of their injury?
- Did your child have a promising talent or skill that’s been compromised?
- Will your child require long-term or lifelong medical treatment?
- Will your child require nursing care or personal care assistance?
- Has your child’s life expectancy been reduced?
- How has your child’s injury affected their emotional and psychological well-being?
There’s a lot to consider when considering the potential value of your child’s personal injury case. Much of it is subjective – which means that it will be up for debate and highly contested by the defendant and their insurance provider.
Our child injury attorneys in St. Louis will fight to make sure that your child is properly compensated for their injuries and suffering. We’ll enlist the help of highly respected experts and specialists as we build their case. Getting expert insight into the more nuanced and complicated aspects of the claim – including how the injury will affect your child’s future and career – can help us secure a top-dollar result.
What Types of Damages Can My Child Receive After a St. Louis Accident?
Just like adults, children are eligible to receive compensation for their economic losses and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are intended to offset the financial costs and monetary losses associated with your child’s injuries, including:
- Current medical expenses, including medical transport, hospitalization, surgery, medication, medical devices, and other treatment
- Future medical bills related to treatment and therapy
- Lost future wages and earnings
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses
Non-economic damages are intended to compensate for the distress, suffering, and life changes your child experiences because of their injury, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
Your child may also be eligible to receive punitive damages if there’s evidence that the defendant acted intentionally or that their behavior rose to the level of gross negligence.
Our St. Louis child injury attorneys will aggressively pursue all current and future damages to which your child is entitled under Missouri state law.
How Does Shared Fault Impact Child Injury Claims in Missouri?
Typically, sharing responsibility for an accident will result in a reduction in damages. However, shared fault is handled a bit differently when children are involved. Kids don’t always appreciate the potential consequences of their risk-taking behavior. As a result, it’s typically up to adults to take additional steps to keep kids safe.
This is particularly true when a property owner has an attractive nuisance – like a swimming pool or heavy machinery – on their premises.
A child’s contributory fault will ultimately depend on their age and capacity for understanding the potential risks of their actions. In many cases, young children will not be responsible for their injuries. As a result, damages will not be affected.
However, when accidents involve teens or young adults, their own negligence may impact a financial recovery.
What’s the Statute of Limitations for Child Injury Claims in Missouri?
If you choose to file a lawsuit on your child’s behalf, you’ll have five years. The clock begins to run on the date of their accident or the date their injury is discovered, whichever is later.
Note that the statute of limitations in Missouri may be tolled (paused) until your child reaches the age of 21 in most cases. This may apply if you do not file a claim on behalf of your child and they decide to submit their own claim. However, there are exceptions to these deadlines in many instances.
Don’t let the statute of limitations expire. Once the deadline passes, your child will lose the opportunity to recover the compensation they need and deserve. The statute of limitations is especially complex for child injury cases, so it is best to contact a lawyer as soon as you can to determine the correct deadlines for your situation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced St. Louis Child Injury Lawyer
Your child has been injured because someone else was negligent or careless. Your child – and your family – shouldn’t have to struggle with the consequences alone. That’s where Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
Our top-rated St. Louis child injury attorneys have a century of experience and have won millions for deserving clients.
We’re not afraid of a fight and will exhaust every option to help your child and family move forward after this devastating accident.
Contact our law office in St. Louis, MO, to learn more. We offer a free initial case assessment, so reach out to get started now.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Louis also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Boating Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Brain Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Child Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Premises Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Slip and Fall Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Truck Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Worker’s Compensation Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in St. Louis, MO
Open 24 hours