Were you or a loved one injured in a car accident involving a taxi in St. Louis, MO? Did someone else cause the crash? You may be entitled to substantial compensation. An experienced St. Louis taxi accident lawyer at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
When you choose our legal team to fight for you, you’ll benefit from a group of lawyers with over 100 years of experience. Since we opened our doors in 2010, we’ve helped our injured clients recover over $100 million in compensation from negligent drivers and their insurance companies.
How Can Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers Protect Me After a Taxi Accident in St. Louis?
After a serious injury, you deserve time to focus on your recovery and put your life back together again. It can be tough to move forward with your life while struggling to make ends meet and wondering how you’ll pay your medical bills.
A qualified St. Louis personal injury attorney can handle the legal battle to recover fair compensation. At Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers, our AV-rated team consists of lawyers who have been recognized by Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, and St. Louis Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in St. Louis.”
When you hire us to protect you, we will:
- Carefully investigate the details of your taxi accident
- Prove what caused your accident
- Determine who is legally responsible for paying your expenses
- Collaborate with respected experts who can strengthen your case
- Determine the fair value of your accident and injury claim
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for the maximum compensation you deserve
Being injured in an accident is never easy. Get the help you deserve by calling our St. Louis personal injury lawyers to schedule a free consultation today.
What Factors Can Impact the Amount of My St. Louis Taxi Accident Settlement or Verdict?
For good reason, there is no standard settlement paid out in St. Louis motor vehicle accident cases. Your case is unique. You deserve a settlement or verdict that fully accounts for your specific losses. Many different factors are important when determining your case value.
When our St. Louis car accident lawyers calculate the value of your personal injury claim, we’ll consider various factors, such as:
- The nature and severity of the injuries involved
- The cost of your medical treatment
- How the injury impacts your ability to work during recovery
- The duration of your recovery and earnings prior to the accident
- How the injury impacts your future work, education, and lifestyle
- The personal pain and suffering you have endured
- The circumstances of the accident
- Whether you share any blame for the accident
It can take time for a complex personal injury case to settle. While the insurance company may be pushing you to accept a settlement, it’s important to seek legal advice first. The insurance adjuster’s job is to pay as little as possible. It’s your lawyer’s job to help you get a fair deal.
After a crash, contact our team at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers to learn more about your legal options and rights.
What Types of Damages Can I Get if I’ve Been Hurt in a Taxi Accident in St. Louis, MO?
Damages in a personal injury case are classified according to whether they compensate a victim for economic or non-economic losses. If your case is successful, you’re entitled to recover both types of compensation.
The exact types of damages you’ll receive depend on the nature of your losses, which may include:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Depression or anxiety disorders
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Your damages award should make you whole again. Of course, that’s really impossible if you were injured. That said, the money you recover can make life much more manageable–both during your recovery and once you’ve reached maximum medical improvement (MMI).
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for Causing a Taxi Accident in St. Louis, Missouri?
Yes. However, if you share part of the blame, your settlement or verdict will be reduced proportionately.
Missouri follows a pure comparative negligence law. Damages are allocated between all parties who were involved in the crash. If your share of fault is 20%, for example, you can only take home 80% of your compensation.
While your damages won’t be reduced to zero unless you were 100% to blame, insurance companies often try to take advantage of this law. Our St. Louis car accident attorneys can help. The insurance company’s allegations could be completely unfounded. Maybe you share some, but not much, of the blame.
We’ll do everything we can to minimize the impact of the shared fault laws on your financial recovery. Just call our personal injury law firm in St. Louis today to get started.
Taxi Accident Victims Often Sustain Serious Injuries
We’ve all seen taxi drivers weaving and speeding down the city streets. That creates a danger for other drivers, passengers, and even pedestrians and bicyclists.
Our lawyers in St. Louis handle all taxi accident cases, including those that cause:
- Broken bones
- Facial injuries
- Eye injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Crushing injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
The most severe taxi accidents have the potential to be fatal. You may have a valid wrongful death claim if you lost a family member in a fatal crash. We’ll help you fight to recover the full compensation you deserve.
Aggressive Taxi Cab Drivers Often Cause Taxi Accidents in St. Louis
Using a taxi can eliminate a lot of stress. You won’t have to worry about navigating traffic or finding a place to park. However, taxis can’t prevent you from being involved in an auto accident.
Taxi drivers spend their days behind the wheel. While they might be experienced drivers, they aren’t always the most cautious. In fact, they’re often tired and distracted.
Some of the most common causes of taxi accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Stopping in dangerous locations
- Rolling stops
- Dangerous turns
- Ignoring traffic laws
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Drug use
- Defects in the taxi itself
Bad weather, hazardous road conditions, and poor visibility can also contribute to the cause of a taxi accident.
Who Can Be Liable for My Taxi Cab Accident?
Anyone who was even partly responsible for the accident can share financial responsibility.
Examples of at-fault parties may include:
- Negligent taxi drivers
- Taxi companies
- Companies responsible for inspecting a taxi fleet
- Third-party drivers
- Government agencies
- Manufacturers of defective taxi components
Cab companies are often responsible for damages in an accident. As the driver’s employer, the taxicab company itself can be held liable for a negligent cab driver’s actions under Missouri vicarious liability laws.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Taxi Accident in St. Louis?
Most accident claims are based on negligence theories.
The elements of a negligence case are:
- A legal duty of care existed
- A breach of duty occurred
- Causation, or the breach directly caused the accident
- Damages, or injuries and other losses resulted from the crash
While all drivers have a legal duty to obey traffic laws and drive carefully, it’s entirely possible that someone who wasn’t even at the scene of the crash could be responsible for paying your damages. Our St. Louis taxi accident attorneys will investigate to find out who is legally obligated to pay your damages.
We’ll search for evidence, such as:
- Video surveillance footage
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Traffic citations
- Results of drug or alcohol testing
- Cell phone records
- Statements from expert witnesses
No two cases are exactly the same. You deserve an attorney who will put in the time and effort to conduct a full investigation. To learn more about how our team at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers can help with your case, give us a call for a free case evaluation today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in Missouri?
You have five years to file a lawsuit after a taxi accident in Missouri. The five-year statute of limitations starts to run on the date of the accident. After five years pass, you lose the right to seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
As there are exceptions to the five-year deadline, we recommend that you contact a personal injury lawyer to confirm the time limit to file a lawsuit in your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a St. Louis Taxi Accident Lawyer Today
You probably have many different questions if you were injured in a taxi accident. Contact Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers for a free case review with an experienced St. Louis taxi accident attorney. Our seasoned lawyers will do everything we can to help you win your case.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Louis also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Boating Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Brain Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Child Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Premises Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Slip and Fall Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Truck Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Worker’s Compensation Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in St. Louis, MO
Open 24 hours