What Kind Of Damages Can I Claim After A Car Accident?

Posted on

After a car accident, you want the help of an experienced auto accident attorney who can assist you in recovering the compensation you deserve while you focus on recovering. When you suffer monetary losses due to an accident, you may be entitled to recovering economic damages, including covering the cost of medical bills and any lost wages incurred after the accident. Property damage to your vehicle would also be considered part of economic damages.

Non-economic damages directly correlate to the liable party in an auto accident and include compensation for physical impairment. In cases where an accident results in a family member’s death, loss of companionship damages may be awarded. In cases where the at-fault party in an accident is clear, victims can recover full compensation for their damages. When more than one party is found responsible for an accident, comparative fault is used to determine the degree of each party’s fault in the accident. For example, one driver might be 70% at fault in an accident while the other party is only liable for 30% of the damages.

At Schultz & Myers, our St. Louis auto accident attorneys have experience filing auto accident claims and recovering the maximum amount for your monetary losses. Before settling with the insurance company, you should contact our office for a free consultation to discuss your legal options.

 The Importance of Contacting a Personal Injury Attorney To Recover Post-Accident Damages

Injuries resulting from car accidents are serious. Not only is medical recovery expensive, but repairing damage sustained to your vehicle will also be costly. If you’ve been involved in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit. Don’t delay. Contact our office by calling (314) 582-2389 or contact us online to set up your free, no-hassle consultation and speak with one of our auto accident attorneys today.

[RELATED POSTS]:

Car Accident Claim Damages FAQ

If I’m injured and unable to work after an accident, can I recover all my lost wages?

The person found to be at fault for the accident will be responsible for any loss of earnings, and their insurance company will pay 100% of your wage or income losses in the final settlement.

Am I required to make a claim for a certain amount of medical expenses for my injuries?

In Missouri, you do not need to have a certain amount of medical expenses to make a claim for your injuries.

What Are My Options If An Insurance Company Denies My Claim?

You have the right to know why your claim has been denied. Ask your insurance company for clarification, and if your claim is still not resolved at that point, you can file an appeal through the Department of Insurance.

Truck Accident Lawyers

Claim Your Free Books

Schultz & Myers have released three must-read books online for FREE.
Click below to download your copy today.
Legal Paper Icon

Risk Free
Fee Guarantee

We work on a contingency fee basis, so you pay only if we win your case.

No Win No Fee
Balance Icon

Missouri's
Winningest Law Firm

Named by Missouri Lawyer's Weekly based upon most reported trial wins. View our recent case results.

Results That Matter
Avatar Icon

The Schultz &
Myers Experience

We put our clients needs first. Learn more about the Schultz & Myers experience.

We Can Help
Schultz & Myers Logo

Get in touch with us today to get started with your FREE case review. We’re only a call, click, or short drive away.