We Can Help if Your Child Was Injured at School
While some teachers and faculty members are professionals who truly care about their students, others may act in ways that qualify as negligence or abuse. Sometimes children are injured because of negligent safety standards or an unhealthy environment.
As parents ourselves, our legal team understands your frustration and fear when your child is injured at school. If we take on your case, we may help you and your family recover the compensation and justice you deserve.
A St. Louis personal injury lawyer with Schultz & Myers, LLC may help you understand your legal rights and options, including:
- Filing a claim with the school district’s liability insurance
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit against all liable parties
You have a limited amount of time to take legal action, so please contact us as soon as possible if you suspect abuse or negligence in the school.
How Schools May Bear Liability for Your Child’s Injuries and Losses
A school that fails to follow accepted standards of care in education, shelter, food, and transportation could be found negligent.
A school injuries lawyer in St. Louis with Schultz & Myers, LLC may examine the circumstances of your child’s injury. If we move forward with your case, we may help gather evidence of liability to determine the school’s role in the accident, injury, or illness.
Certain factors considered in a personal injury case include:
- Establishing that the school, including facilities, services, and staff, owe your child a duty of care to take reasonable precautions in preventing harm
- Showing how the school breached this duty of care in some manner, either through action or omission
- Proving that this negligence caused your child to be injured, resulting in losses
Both public and private schools have a legal obligation to the safety and well-being of their students. Our school injury lawyers in St. Louis may represent you and your child. For a free case evaluation, call 314-444-4444.
We Accept School Injury Cases
Schools are supposed to be a safe place for children to learn. Some schools also offer sports, music, and after-school activities and programs. If an injury happens on school grounds, on a playing field, or in a classroom after school hours, the school may still bear legal obligations to the students’ safety.
Some types of school injury cases include:
- School bus injuries
- Playground or schoolyard injuries
- Sports or school-sponsored recreational activities
- Abuse or negligence from teachers, coaches, faculty, and staff
- Negligent security
- Unsafe environments, causing exposure to asbestos, lead, and other toxins
- School violence, including school shootings
- Inadequate supervision that contributed to bullying or harassment from other students
Your child has the right to a safe environment with properly trained professionals to oversee his or her educational journey.
We Are Attorneys and Parents
We understand the anxiety and apprehension that you may feel dropping your child at school or waving goodbye from the bus stop. We respect the dedication of our St. Louis teachers. This does not excuse, however, a school or school district that fails to uphold accepted practices to keep children out of harm’s way.
For example, harm to schoolchildren may occur in several ways, such as:
- Sexual abuse because the school failed to properly vet a teacher or coach with a known sexual abuse or predatory history
- Slip and fall accidents because of an unsafe physical environment, such as an improperly maintained playground
- Bullying or violence because of inadequate faculty supervision
Our school injury lawyers in St. Louis may fight to pursue compensation for you and your family. We invite you to call Schultz & Myers, LLC for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. You can reach us at 314-444-4444.
Damages for a School Injury Case
Schools may be held liable for damages related to your child’s injuries. They can also be held accountable should you experience the trauma of losing your child to a preventable injury, accident, or illness.
Schultz & Myers, LLC may pursue the compensation you deserve. Your potential awards may cover the cost of:
- Emergency or urgent care
- Doctor’s visits
- Medical tests, surgery, and hospitalization
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income for you or your working-age child if you must take time to provide care or if your child cannot work due to injuries
- Emotional trauma
Unintentional injuries account for most of the injuries that lead to death in children and young adults, according to the CDC Childhood Injury Report.
Call Schultz & Myers, LLC for a Free Case Evaluation
If your child is injured at school, you have the right to consult an attorney about potential compensation. You may also prevent another child from a similar situation.
We are school injury lawyers serving St. Louis. Take advantage of a free consultation by calling 314-444-4444. We may help you explore your legal options.
A statute of limitations may apply if you file a lawsuit, and waiting longer than the allotted time may result in you losing your rights to any legal actions at all. Call as soon as possible to discuss your case.