The moments immediately following a car crash in St. Louis, MO, can be hectic, but there are things you should do to improve your chances of getting compensation for your injuries. Our St. Louis car accident attorneys believe it’s important to plan ahead.
When Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers was established more than 13 years ago, we decided to focus our practice on serving accident victims. Our philosophy is simple—we put you and your injuries first. Our St. Louis personal injury attorneys will never compromise your claims.
Because we care about you, we want to arm you with the knowledge of what you should and should not do after being in a car accident in St. Louis, Missouri. Call us today at 314) 444-4444 to get a free consultation and answers to your questions.
Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You if You’ve Been Hurt in a St. Louis, MO, Car Accident
Car accidents can cause not only physical injuries but emotional ones as well. Although it can be overwhelming, what you do immediately after a car accident can make a huge difference in your ability to get fair compensation for your injuries.
With years of experience and millions of dollars in compensation recovered for our clients, our St. Louis personal injury lawyers have an impressive track record of success.
When you’re thinking about selecting an attorney to represent you, there are a number of factors to consider. The following are just a few reasons you should choose Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers:
- We’ve delivered more than $100 million dollars in compensation to our clients
- Our top-rated attorneys are recognized by leading legal organizations
- Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience
- We’ve been named one of the “Best Law Firms in America”
In order to get physical relief, you need financial relief. Call Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers to find out how we can put our legal know-how to work for you. Read on this page to learn about which questions you can ask your lawyer.
What Steps Should I Take After a Car Accident in St. Louis?
With professional sports teams, world-class bar-b-que, and many other attractions, St. Louis is a bustling city. All that activity also means more traffic and more opportunity for car accidents. In 2021, more than 14,000 people were injured in St. Louis car accidents, and 178 people were killed.
If you are ever in a car accident, we want you to be aware of the things you should do right after a car accident to improve your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Don’t leave the accident scene—it could result in serious criminal penalties
- Call 911 if you or anyone else is injured
- If it’s safe to do so, document the accident scene by taking pictures or video and talking to witnesses
- Get contact information from other drivers involved in the accident
- Never apologize or admit fault for the accident
- Contact your insurance company soon after the accident
These things are important because Missouri is an “at-fault” car insurance state. If you’re injured in an accident, you have to get compensation for those injuries from the negligent driver or their insurance company. Taking the steps below will help you preserve critical evidence that can show who was liable for the crash and your injuries.
Finally, you should call us as soon as you can after the accident so we can begin evaluating your case and developing a legal strategy for compensation that is right for you.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a St. Louis, Missouri, Car Accident
Missouri law limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit after a St. Louis car accident. Under the statute of limitations, in most cases, you have five years from the date of the accident to file. After that, your claim will be forever barred.
Five years may seem like plenty of time to take action, but it’s best to act as soon as you can after the accident. As time passes, important evidence can be lost, destroyed, or damaged, and witnesses can forget key facts.
There are also exceptions to the five-year deadline in some cases. Be proactive in asserting your rights by calling Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers today.
Call Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers To Learn More About Your Legal Options After a Car Crash in St. Louis
Car accidents can happen quickly and without warning. The injuries they cause can change your life forever. If you were injured in a St. Louis, Missouri, car accident, reach out to us so we can help you get through this challenging time.
Because car accidents can happen at any time, Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year long.
At your free consultation, we’ll talk to you about your accident and injuries, advise you of the next steps you should be taking, and conduct a thorough and honest evaluation of your case.
We handle all types of car accident claims, including:
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- Head-On Crashes
- Speeding Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Highway Crashes
- DUI Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- U-Turn Accidents
- Red and Yellow Light Accidents
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Self-Driving Accidents
- Suv-Rollover Accidents
Additional St. Louis Car Accident Resources
- Road Defects
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections
- Child Car Seat Laws
- Car Accident Liability
- Car Inspection Laws
- Car Accident Claims Process
- Common Car Accident Scenarios – Causes & Determining Fault
- Passenger Negligence
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Car Color Crash Risk
Learn more about car accident FAQs:
- Do I Have To Go to Court After a Car Accident?
- Do I Really Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Missouri?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle?
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in St. Louis
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident?
- What To Do When Injured in a Car Accident in St. Louis, MO
- Who Is at Fault for My St. Louis Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident?