Were you recently injured in a motor vehicle accident due to road defects in St. Louis, Missouri? Our St. Louis car accident attorneys at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers have the knowledge and experience to help you hold the responsible parties accountable.
With settlement and verdict amounts surpassing $100 million, our St. Louis personal injury attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal experience.
We offer a contingency fee payment structure, which means that if we don’t win, you’re not charged attorney’s fees.
How Can a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer Help If You Were Injured Due to a Road Defect?
Determining who is at fault in road defect cases can be complicated. Luckily, you don’t have to handle any of it alone. The legal team at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers is skilled at identifying liable parties in car accidents. We’ll help you make the negligent parties pay.
If you choose our personal injury law firm in St. Louis to represent you, you’ll be getting lawyers who have been recognized for their excellence.
You can expect our St. Louis personal injury lawyers to help you prove your road defect case by:
- Investigating the accident and the road condition that caused or contributed to it
- Identifying the party who is responsible for maintaining the road in question
- Gathering all relevant evidence, including footage of the accident site, city records related to road maintenance, and crash reports
- Negotiating with insurance companies, government agencies, or anyone else involved in the case
- Representing you in court if necessary
Our attorneys also handle cases involving:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Speeding accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Highway crashes
- Rear-end accidents
- Rollover accidents
- U-Turn accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Lane change crashes
- Left-turn accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Suv-rollover accidents
- other types of car accident
Don’t hesitate to give us a call today. Car accidents take a major toll on your life physically, emotionally, and financially. With so much at stake, you need experienced attorneys by your side.
What Are Road Defects?
Especially in single-vehicle accidents, it’s natural to think it must be your fault since no other car or driver was involved. It’s important to keep in mind that the road is also a “participant” in accidents. We will determine if a road defect played a part in your accident.
Road defects are any issues with the road that could result in an accident.
- Abandoned construction materials
- Oil or gravel
- Insufficient warning signs
- Poorly configured construction zones
- Malfunctioning street lights
- Poorly designed highway division lines
- Confusing intersections
- Defective bridges
- Unsafe roadway design
- Unsecured shoulders
- Guardrails missing or in need of repair
Those responsible for maintaining roadways must ensure that they keep St. Louis drivers safe. When they fail to do so, they should have to pay for the consequences. They may claim that the road defects involved in your particular accident are simply the result of normal wear and tear. If that’s not the case, we’ll push back.
Who Is Responsible for Defective Road Conditions?
Negligence often plays a part in road defects, whether on Missouri highways, residential streets, or business properties.
Among the parties liable could be:
- Property owners
- Government entities
- Construction companies
No matter who was responsible for the accident that caused your airbag injuries, seatbelt injuries, or any other type of injury, we won’t let them get away with it. You can rest assured that we will consider every angle in determining who to hold accountable.
We know how important it is that you get the financial resources you need to aid in your recovery. That’s why our legal team will leave no stone unturned in seeking possible sources of compensation.
And remember, if we don’t secure a financial award on your behalf, you don’t pay us any attorney’s fees. You have nothing to lose by reaching out to us today to get started.
Contact a St. Louis Road Defects Lawyer Today
If you were hurt in a traffic accident that may have been caused by a defect in the road, give us a call at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers.
We understand what a difficult time this is for you because we’ve seen it with countless clients. Car accidents can be traumatic, and the effects can linger long after the physical pain heals. We’ll help you fight for damages to help with your emotional injuries, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, reduced quality of life, and more.
Our St. Louis road defect attorneys are ready to advocate for you. Call us today, and let’s get you on the road to recovery.
Additional St. Louis Car Accident Resources
- Child Car Seat Laws
- Car Accident Liability
- Car Accident Statistics
- Car Inspection Laws
- Car Accident Claims Process
- Common Car Accident Scenarios – Causes & Determining Fault
- Passenger Negligence
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Car Color Crash Risk
- Common Injuries
Learn more about car accident FAQs:
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages?
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Missouri?
- Questions to Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- What To Do After a Car Accident
- What To Do When Injured in a Car Accident in St. Louis, MO
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident?