Head-on crashes are some of the worst types of car accidents in St. Louis, Missouri. When cars collide head-on, motorists and passengers can sustain catastrophic injuries that lead to life-threatening conditions. You and your family deserve full compensation for all injuries, financial losses, and other damages from the person who caused the crash.
Our St. Louis head-on crash attorneys at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers have over 100 years of collective legal experience. Since 2010, our law firm has recovered over $100 million in jury verdicts and negotiated settlements. Our legal team wins top awards, and our law firm is recognized nationally and locally for our legal services.
Table of Contents
How Our St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After a Head-On Crash
The weeks and months after a car accident can be overwhelming and painful. The medical bills begin to come due, and you might still be out of work because of your injuries. Additionally, an insurance adjuster might pressure you to accept an offer or sign a settlement agreement.
Every St. Louis car accident lawyer at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers understands what you and your family are going through. We are here to help you when you need trusted legal advice and guidance with the claims process. Our legal team will aggressively fight to recover maximum compensation for your case.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Complete an independent accident investigation to determine how the crash occurred and who caused the accident
- File insurance claims and handle all communications and settlement negotiations with the insurance company
- Retain expert witnesses to work on your case as necessary
- Document the severity of your injuries and damages to maximize the value of your injury claim
- Monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits and claims
- Negotiate settlements and represent you in court if a lawsuit is necessary to protect you from being taken advantage of by a large insurance corporation
We want to help you so that you can heal, recover financially, and get back to your life. Call us to schedule a free consultation with an experienced St. Louis car accident lawyer.
What Causes Head-On Crashes in St. Louis, MO?
The most common reason for head-on accidents is driver negligence. However, weather conditions, mechanical failure, and road conditions can be factors in the cause of a car crash.
Common reasons why head-on crashes occur include:
- Inattention and distracted driving
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Impairment by alcohol and/or drugs
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Improper lane changes
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Drowsy driving and fatigue
Intersections in St. Louis are common locations for head-on collisions. However, a head-on crash can occur anywhere, including highways, rural roads, and parking lots.
Common Injuries Caused by Head-On Crashes
In 2021, there were 4,949 front-to-front crashes in Missouri. Of the 389 fatal crashes analyzed for the direction of impact, 30% of the crashes were front-to-front accidents.
Head-on collisions cause traumatic injuries—and the risk of death increases in these crashes.
Injuries that are commonly caused by head-on impacts include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Leg and knee injuries
- Facial trauma
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Back injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Seatbelt and airbag injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
Head-on crashes can cause passengers to be ejected through the front windshield. They also cause crushing injuries as the vehicle pushes the motor and front end of the car into the interior cabin. Generally, emergency medical services are necessary to preserve life and reduce the risk of developing permanent impairments.
What Compensation Can I Seek After a Head-On Crash in St. Louis?
Accident victims can recover reimbursement for their monetary losses and expenses related to the accident, including:
- The cost of medical treatment and care
- Loss of income, including salaries, wages, and benefits
- Out-of-pocket expenses, including personal care, household services, medications, medical equipment, etc.
- A decrease in earning capacity
In addition to your economic damages, you can also recover compensation for your non-economic damages. These damages include the mental anguish and emotional distress you experience. In addition, it includes physical pain, decreased quality of life, and permanent impairments.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit for a Head-On Crash in St. Louis?
The Missouri statute of limitations for most car accident claims is five years from the collision date. However, there are exceptions to the rule. Therefore, the deadline in your case could be different.
It is best to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. Even if you have up to five years to file a lawsuit, waiting to hire a lawyer could result in destroyed or lost evidence, making it harder to win your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our St. Louis Head-on Crash Lawyers
Contact our office to schedule a free consultation with an experienced St. Louis car accident attorney. The lawyers at Schultz & Myers Personal Injury Lawyers will fight to get you the money you need and deserve after a head-on crash.